Here’s seven tips to increase your Google Adsense money.
1. Limit your Adsense blocks to one per page. While you might think that multiple ads mean multiple ways to increase your Google Adsense money, what really happens is that lower value ads are placed on your site. If the visitor is going to click, you want him to click on a high value ad.
2. Use multiple formats. The main Ads by Google block is great, but it is only one of three formats. The other two are the text link ad (which you can make look like your navigation bar) and the Google search tool. Using one of each of these formats does not violate rule #1.
3. Place a large rectangle above the fold. The best way to format a page is to have your headline followed by a large Adsense block. Start the keyword-rich article down below.
4. Have content rich sites. You should try to have at least three phrases on each page that Google can “grab ahold of” to make ad placements. One of the quickest ways to lose your shirt is for Google to not be able to place any ads and display public service ads instead.
5. If you want to make Google Adsense money, you have got to chase higher paying keywords. As you build websites, you will find that some Adsense clicks are only worth a penny or two while others bring in a couple of dollars. Highly competitive high dollar industries like insurance and personal injury law tend to be best. When in doubt, use the Google Adwords tool to determine whether advertisers in the industry are spending a large amount per click.
6. Generate more traffic to your site. If you have a click through rate of 10 percent, you know that 10 percent of all new visitors who come to your site will make you money. So, go out and entice more people to your site. It will make you more Google Adsense money.
7. Test, test test. All of the above are suggestions based on “best practices” that other people have observed. But to make real Google Adsense money, you’ve got to test things out yourself. Change the colors on the ads and see whether that affects your click through rate. Move the ads around on the page. Try different size ads. Then, when you find a format that works, stick with it.
Google Adsense can be a profitable way to build websites for cash. But, you have to treat it as a business. In most cases, blogging about your life won’t bring you much in the way of Adsense income. While even earning a few dollars for keeping an online diary appeals to some, if you want to make a business out of being a Google Adsense publisher, you have to take it seriously.
That means chasing the high value keywords, developing Adsense friendly websites, and driving traffic to it. You have to test to make sure everything is producing as well as it can.
And, that’s how you make real Google Adsense money.